2nd Anniversary 2nd Event First Half Ranks
I don’t typically bother to comment on where or how ranks close during events, but this most recent event is exceptional, to match the equally exceptional ranking reward, Sola.
So what I have done is a simple run through of the final first half rank scores, and converted the score to an SE expenditure. I assume: no helpers present, and 240 SE : 20736 points (4.10 ratio). The total item expenditure would vary on each individual player’s level (hence the size of SE bar) and team (use of XP farming daemons allow for faster level ups), so will not be considered.
First Half Ranks and Score
|Rank||Score||SE Expenditure (no event point helper)||Number of runs on 4.10 (rounded down)|
|100 (for fame)||4,539,622||52,542||218|
|400 (2 copies)||4,429,708||51,270||213|
|1000 (1 copy)||1,524,974||17,650||73|
|2500 (1 copy)||1,370,138||15,858||66|
Points to note from this outcome:
- Ranks are a form of auction. The players willing to spend more SE will ‘win’ the daemon on auction. The quality of the ranking daemon, whether you consider the event, or the in-game utility and power, or the art all contribute towards the value players place on the daemon.
- The score between the final cut off for the rank where additional copies of Sola are available are very close. A mere 5-6 runs on 4.10 separate the top 100 from top 400. 7-8 runs separate the top 1000 from the top 2500.
- Because the rank scores inflated so quickly in the first few days, players generally had a large sunk cost invested in this rank. Very few are likely to drop out half way.
- The 2500 FH cut off is comparable to a top 400 FH/SH or top 300 TR cut off on typical towers.
- There is a physical limit to the speed at which one can acquire points: Approximately 2 minutes a run on 4.10; maximum 30 runs in an hour; maximum 622,800 points gained within an hour.This would be more if point helper is widely available.
- The ranking cut off for the top 400 cut off rose around 400k within the last hour. The 2500 cut off rose around 200k within the last hour.
How second half and total ranks turn out next Friday, I hesitate to predict. On one hand a huge amount of items were spent by most of the typically competitive players on the first half – there would be a portion who have very few items left. On the other hand, the event helpers will finally be available for trading, and if the points helper is acquired, each item would be worth that much more points.
Based on previous cut off patterns
- The final figure for the TR 5k typically end up equal or greater than the FH 2.5k
- The FH and SH 2.5K rank figures are usually similar, the SH is typically higher.
- The FH and SH 400 rank figures are usually similar, the SH is typically higher.
- TR 1K approximates to either:
- 1k (either half) x2 OR
- 2.5K (either half) + 400 (the other half) total score.
- TR 300 approximates to 1.5-2.5x a FH 400 score.
Is Sola worth orbing? Based on the amount of SE it costs to get a copy of her vs the cost to acquire a limit break orb, definitely yes. But as mentioned before, that first copy… priceless.
Artwork Credit: Lady Ashla