Proof of 85% DMG reduction CAP
So what I have done is take a range of different daemons on the 2SE Magatama dungeon and recorded the damage that they receive.
The daemons are of different class and have different damage reduction passives.
Because I was doing the recording around midnight the dungeon changed to the next day’s dungeon before I could finish, so I had to re-take the baseline damage on the healer again. Videos 1-4 are of the Anima mag dungeon, and 5-7 are of the Divina mag dungeon.
There are 7 videos in the playlist, each with a different daemon but on the same dungeon.
- Edo Castle (healer) + Muramasa (ranged)
- Kinoshita Masamune (melee)
- Juzumaru (melee + 20% innate DMG reduction)
- Juzumaru with Ptolemy bonded (melee + 20% innate DMG reduction + 25% Ptolemy bond DMG reduction)
- Divina Dungeon: Juzumaru with Ptolemy bonded (melee + 20% innate DMG reduction + 25% Ptolemy bond DMG reduction)
- Divina Dungeon: Juzumaru with Ptolemy bonded with Edo Castle active skill
- Divina Dungeon: Orpheus (healer) for DMG baseline
You are welcome to watch the entire series of video and check the DMG received from the mobs. Be careful to note the different damage values from the melee, ranged, and boss brutes. I make use of the base auto attack damage rather than brute skill damage for comparison simply because there are many more auto attacks to watch for than skills.
And the results:
|Video||Daemon||Auto DMG received from||DMG reduction|
|4||Juzumaru (Ptolemy bonded)||23||34||35||60%|
|5||Juzumaru (Ptolemy bonded)||24||34||45||60%|
|6||Juzumaru with Edo shield on, same with 2x shield on||9||13||17||85%|
Reminder that video 5 and 6 ought to be compared to baseline of video 7, and videos 2-4 are to be compared to baseline of video 1.
And so we have proof that different DMG reduction skills and abilities stack together, and that the DMG reduction is capped at 85%.